Le Moulin des Templiers is committed to an eco-responsible approach aimed at reducing the carbon footprint during your stay. For 10 years now, we have been doing everything we can to preserve this unspoiled environment.. We have been labeled “Valeurs Parc naturel régional” as well as listed on “Vaovert” platform which brings together ecological accommodation in France.
All our development decisions are taken in this direction, here is the list of our ecological approaches already in place:
1/For the environment :
- Lights out at 11pm to avoid wildlife disturbance.
- Installation of solar panels with 1800 litters of storage for hot water
- Installation of an autonomous wastewater treatment plant.
- Return the river back to its natural bed as part of the ecological continuity with the participation of Morvan Park.
- Reduction of packaging to limit the amount of waste (liquid soap, wholesale packaging cleaning products, …)
- Installation of Low Power LED Bulb depending on the renovation progress
- Replacement of hip baths to showers in order to limit water consumption.
- Customer signage in the room (towel washing on request)
- Organic cotton towels
- Staff training in daily eco-gestures
- Participates in the forest group “chat sauvage” against deforestation in Morvan forest
- Ecological wooden building for the wellness area
2 / Limiting the waste :
- Elimination of individual packaging to limit waste (refillable dispenser)
- Recycling bin
- Bamboo straws at the bar
- Composting of green waste
- Tissue napkins
- Zero waste shop: (bamboo straws, tote bag, soap, shampoo, solid toothpaste, compostable toothbrush, etc.)
3/For your health :
- Non-aggressive & natural maintenance products
- We produce and sell our own wine from Vézelay at our table (Agrobiology approach ongoing)
- Use of local and Bio products
- Use of local products and direct approach to the producers with our Morvan partners.
- Beauty products Eco label provided in the rooms
- Integrate the first environmental label “Clé verte”
- Install water collectors for irrigation
- marking the plants of the wild garden and installing beehives
- Green roof on the wellness area building